No Junk in “JUNK” DNA!

The simple idea that only 2% of our DNA contains any function and that

EVOLUTIONISTS “JUNKED” DNA TOO QUICKLY.

the rest is just junk DNA has just been nixed.  Well it took 10 years but the truth has recently been revealed. And oh my, it gets much more complex! The simplistic idea that there is only 2 or 4 % difference between the chimpanzee (Pans troglodytes) DNA and human (Homo sapiens) DNA is crumbling right before our eyes… at least the scientific community knows the truth. A recent article published on this website noted that the differences between the human genome and the chimp genome never considered the 98% of the DNA that was considered “JUNK DNA”. But now it looks like most of this molecular junk is responsible for the function of the other 2% of the DNA whether it is from chimp or human. And as was noted in the our article “Going Ape Over DNA” most of the junk DNA between 

THE DIFFERENCES THAT YOU SEE ARE THE DIFFERENCES THAT ARE… WE ARE NOT SO ALIKE

chimp and human is very different junk; very different in sequence structure.

This other 98% of the DNA molecule has now been catalogued, defined and discovered to be functional. Out of 3 billion sequences in the human genome about 80% or 2.4 billion sequences are busy with the job of coordinating life. For the past 10 years the human genome has continued to be researched through a global collaboration of some 442 scientists. They have examined 147 cell types out of the several thousand cell types that make up the human body. Nearly a million sequences have been added to the type of functional DNA known to act as promoters or enhancers; DNA sequences that turn on or increase the activity of genes.

The project called ENCODE – the Encyclopedia of DNA Elements has recently been

LOGO FOR THE ENCODE PROJECT

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.